A licensed financial institution can enter into an agreement with WeChat Pay to become an overseas partner of WeChat Pay and provide merchants with acquiring services to allow them to receive payments via WeChat Pay.
After a licensed financial institution becomes an overseas partner of WeChat Pay, it provides merchants with acquiring services to allow them to receive payments via WeChat Pay.
- Merchant Development: Acquire merchants and allow them to receive payments via WeChat Pay.
- Technical Services: Provide merchants with technical support (hardware/software) necessary to use WeChat Pay.
- Operational Support: Manage the registered merchants in comply with local laws and regulations and WeChat Pay's requirements and provide operational support.
- Funds Settlement: Transfer the funds settlement from WeChat Pay to merchants.
Apply online by submitting the required documents through the Merchant Open Platform.
Enter into an Agreement
After your application is approved, follow the instructions to enter into an agreement with WeChat Pay.
Configure the account and set up the payment and transaction features as described in the development documentation.
- Financial license issued from the local authority is required.
- Basic information about your company is required, such as the business license, register country/region, address, legal representative and contact information.
- The business category must be compliant with all the applicable laws and in accordance with WeChat Pay Requirement.
- Supported currencies： USD, HKD, THB, JPY, KRW, AUD, NZD, SGD, EUR, GBP, CAD, RUB, DKK, SEK, CHF, NOK, AED, TRY, MOP, TWD, CZK, MYR, PHP, IDR, MNT, QAR.
- Settlement mode： Based on the settlement mode in the agreement.
As of May 6, 2020, 64 countries/regions (in addition to mainland China) are supported
- Hong Kong (China) , Macao (China) , Taiwan (China) , Japan , South Korea , Cambodia , Malaysia , Thailand , Myanmar , Philippines , Laos , Singapore , Vietnam , Indonesia , Nepal , Pakistan , Sri Lanka , Maldives , Qatar , United Arab Emirates,Israel , Kazakhstan , Mongolia
- Denmark , Finland , Iceland , Norway , Sweden , Austria , Belguim , France , Germany , Ireland , Luxembourg , Netherlands , Switzerland , United Kingdom , Bulgaria , Croatia , Czech , Poland , Romania , Russia , Slovak , Hungary , Greece , Italy , Portugal , Spain , Malta , Turkey ,Estonia , Serbia
- North America
- USA , Canada
- South America
- Argentina , Brazil
- Australia , New Zealand
- Egypt , Kenya , Morocco , South Africa , Mauritiu